As a newcomer to online casinos, you’re probably wondering what these famous video poker games are all about! Well, we have prepared a complete dossier on this casino game for you. Of course, we will also talk about the online version of this game. You will discover different categories, one dealing with the variants of this game, and others that will teach you more about the rules of this game and the basic strategy that will allow you to make the difference during your games!
Video poker: the Game and its Variants
The main advantage of this online casino game is the fact that you will be able to play a classic game, but also many variations of this legendary game. Indeed, to our surprise, many players consider Jacks or Better to be the original version of video poker. However, you should know that this game is one of many variations of online video poker. There are four different variations of video poker, including Jacks or Better, 4-line Jacks-or-Better, Wild Card and a progressive jackpot version of video poker. All of these games can be found directly at online casinos. It should also be mentioned that players must choose the casinos that are licensed by Curacao, for example, or have another gaming license.
All the Rules for Playing Video Poker
We’ve told you that video poker is a mix between slots and poker, but how does it work? Well, you should know that the rules of video poker will be much easier to understand than you think. You’ll understand how betting, wagering and how the game in general works, so you can play with confidence. If you have prior knowledge of the rules of online poker or the use of virtual slot machines, you will have an advantage over the rest of the players who are trying to master the concept and operation of video poker games at online casinos. While the rules of video poker remain the same, it’s good to get some other perspectives from professional Canadian players.
Basic Video Poker Strategy
Once you’ve got the rules down, you can take advantage of our free article on basic video poker strategy. All online casino games have a basic strategy that allows players to use a number of strategies that can pay off in casino games. Of course, video poker is no exception to the rule.
Playing Video Poker is fun and relaxing. It happens sometimes that we hit the jackpot, but it is a bit like in love, “the less we wait for it, the more chances it will come! So put aside your dreams of instant and easy wealth and enjoy your gaming sessions to the fullest by following these tips.
The 10 Fundamental Tips When Playing Video Poker
- If you have no pair, don’t waste time in such a situation, replace all your cards, your new hand will only be better!
- If you have a pair, keep it and replace the other three cards. It is wrong to think that keeping another card will help you. On the contrary, it decreases your chances. Even if that other card is an Ace and it seems crazy to discard it, it is still the right decision to make.
- If you have a pair of Jacks, Queens, Kings or Aces, keep them. Don’t be distracted by the possibility of a straight. Always remember the saying, “You know what you have, you don’t know what you’ll find!”
- If you have two pair, replace only the orphan card. This is obvious. Are there any other options here? We don’t think so.
- If you have 4 interesting cards and only one is missing to complete a straight or a flush, of course, go for it! Nothing ventured, nothing gained!
- Do not replace a single card to finalize a straight, there is little chance that it will succeed. Indeed, if you have 4, 5, 7, 8 and another card which is not a 6, you could be tempted to exchange this other card in search of the famous 6, but know that there are only 4 in the game, your chances of success are thus weak. Whereas you can otherwise get pairs or maybe even a straight.
- Let’s continue the reasoning of point 6, but this time with 4 consecutive cards: 4, 5, 6, 7. Here it’s worth looking to complete the set, as 3 and 8 can do the trick, so 8 cards are likely to suit you. This does not work of course if the first card is an Ace, as then you are back to the situation in point 6 where only one card would be satisfactory.
- If you have three of a kind, keep them and see what the two new cards you receive do for you.
- If you have a four of a kind, is it necessary to tell you to keep it at all times?!?!?!
- It happens that you are “served”. Take advantage of this, it’s not so frequent!
We hope that these few tips will allow you to always keep the pleasure of playing Video Poker and will bring you substantial gains from time to time.